• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shock upgrade

snowjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000xj with a trailmaster 4" lift. I have 1/2" grand cherokee rubber spacers in front and 1" shackle extensions, and 1/2" blocks in the rear. I am running 32x11.5x15 bfg at's and 4.10 gears. I upgraded to the trailmaster ssv shocks when the lift went in but I am sick of replacing them even though they are free. I have longer ones in the rear due to added lift and pinion angle is fine. I have a sye and a 1" transfer case drop. About every six months I kill the shocks. What would be a better more durable shock that won't kill the ride on the street. I do go off road but mostly wooded trails so some hills, mud and snow but no rocks. All opinions are welcome, thanks.

why do you have an SYE and a TC drop? you should get rid of the TC drop first...

What's your budget like? 3 most popular shocks on here seem to be Bilsteins, Rubicon Express Monotubes and Old Man Emu....

I know which one I have and like :) a lot depends on your budget, because all 3 of these shocks get pretty pricey, but they're all great for street and trail.

JNickel101 said:
why do you have an SYE and a TC drop? you should get rid of the TC drop first...

What's your budget like? 3 most popular shocks on here seem to be Bilsteins, Rubicon Express Monotubes and Old Man Emu....

I know which one I have and like :) a lot depends on your budget, because all 3 of these shocks get pretty pricey, but they're all great for street and trail.

those are the 3 that I would have suggested as well. I have ran Bilsteins and am currently running the RE monotubes and they have both been great shocks. I have yet to buy the OME shocks, but have been contemplating it for my DD.

Back