• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Broken t-case bolt

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
I broke the bottom bolt at 6 o'clock trying to get the t-case off. Is there any easy way to remove it?

It broke between the t-case and tranny. I can see the beginning of the stud, it looks about 1/4" in.

I didnt break the head off (sorry for not clarifying), but I broke part of the screw away from the rest. The rest of the screw sits 1/4" inside of the tunnel.

no nut that im aware of. Theres a screw that goes from the t-case adapter into the tranny facing towards the motor that I broke.

no digital camera =(
ill try and find a pic

yes JXPEEJ those are the ones.
its an AW4 1987

Sorry Im tired beat and beat down between tryin to grab a 231 from PAP and drop the 242 along with the occational hitting the head and cutting myself.
Much patience needed.

I didn't make myself clear. There are bolts that hold the extention to the trans and these you should not have to touch....then there are the 6 nuts that need to come off to get the t case off. Did you brake the bolt in the trans or transfer case?

its broke between the both of them.

Back