• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock Skid Plate and Aftermarket Bumper

gas tank skid plate? front skid plate? specify. I guess you probably mean a front skid plate since I don't think ARB makes a rear for the cherokee?

JCR Pre-Runner pics on their site shows it with a factory skid.
Edit: XJ6 beat me to it. :)

I ran a factory front skid for a while with my C4x4fab front bumper.

while on the subject of front skids, id figure id ask here instead of starting a new thread....i got one sitting underneath the house i need to put on my 01. what hardware do i need in order to bolt it up?

gijosiahh said:
while on the subject of front skids, id figure id ask here instead of starting a new thread....i got one sitting underneath the house i need to put on my 01. what hardware do i need in order to bolt it up?

4 - M10x1.5x30 to bolt to the frame
3 - M8x1.25 to attach to the radiator crossmember (these are actually studs with nuts from the factory but I didn't see a reason why a bolt and nut wouldn't work, probably 45mm or so I believe I used)

YMMV

stoneattic said:
4 - M10x1.5x30 to bolt to the frame
3 - M8x1.25 to attach to the radiator crossmember (these are actually studs with nuts from the factory but I didn't see a reason why a bolt and nut wouldn't work, probably 45mm or so I believe I used)

YMMV

are there already threaded holes in the frame for those bolts?

Yes, you use the swaybar bracket holes.

yeah they are...on my 01 at least...but i do remember when i pulled the skid a while back that i had to unbolt the sway bar..if i remember correctly...it was a late 80s jeep.

Back