• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Waggy axle help

slaisebam30

NAXJA Forum User
I just got a set of axles off an 89 Waggy. The front is a LP ad both are complete assemblies (brake and steering setup). Really good deal 300 bux. Just wandering if getting em under my XJ would be worth the trouble with the bracketry up front due to the low pinion. Lookin at the bridge setup from Tnt but haven't decided. May just swap in the rear for now with powertrax locker and wait on a crate HP44 for the front. Don't ever see myself going bigger than a 37,and that is only if I am forced to change wheels to use new bolt pattern. I never get into nothing more serious than trails on and around FT Hood Texas.

1996 Sport
5.5 RE LA
35 BFG Muds

A stock LP 44 isn't much stronger than a HP30.. even after shafts it isnt near as strong as a HP can be built to.... I would do the rear and hold out for a HP44 front

ZacSquatch said:
A stock LP 44 isn't much stronger than a HP30.. even after shafts it isnt near as strong as a HP can be built to.... I would do the rear and hold out for a HP44 front

I think you need to qualify the statement "isnt near as strong". Certainly a LP axle isn't as desirable... but really...

If you have 37's in your future, you may want to carefully consider the type and amount of wheeling you do before putting the 44 under the rear. Go read CRASH's axle faq and that should help you make up your mind on the Hp vs Lp thing...

Back