• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering adjustments with 5.5" lift?

TobyH

NAXJA Forum User
I've already got a 3.5" RE lift, but am looking to add another 2", I know I've got to extend my Track Bar, but believe I may need to adjust some of the steering system.

I'm looking for some pics of systems that have been changed so I can see what may need doing.

Can anyone help?

Cheers

Toby

Other than modifiying the trac bar It'll be driveable/wheelable with stock steering and 5.5" not the best setup though.I'm sitting at 5.5 and still have stock steering and have wheeled it quite a bit that way.The draglink angle at the pitman arm is pretty steep,though.I plan on probably getting the rugged ridge setup soon.

Yeah, that is my biggest concern. Was hoping to see a few pics to see what others have done as I understand there are different ways of dealing with the problem.

Will be running it without changes (other than track bar) for a bit just to see what it's like, but will eventually sort out the steering.

No, your control arm angles will be harsh. Other than your drag link sleeve, and bendy metal, it'll work, you need dropbrackets

The RE 3.5" kit keeps your stock UCA's too, which you will need to replace.

Look at what the RE 5.5" kit comes with, subtract the parts you already have, and see what you need to buy. Thats sort of minimum to safely do a 5.5" lift.

Back