• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Build Sheet Question

MJCfromCT

NAXJA Forum User
I emailed Chrysler and got the build sheet for my 93 Cherokee, and in the email they tell me this:

Furthermore, our records indicate that your vehicle is involved in the
factory recall campaign listed below:

Recall Campaign # 733 Brake Pedal Shift Interlock
Recall Campaign # 747 Disc Brake Rotors

Please contact your local authorized Jeep dealer to make arrangements
for an inspection and to arrange for these repairs. You can take your
vehicle to the dealer, without a written recall notice, for your
free-of-charge repairs or changes. We recommend you call your dealer to
schedule an appointment for your vehicle.

Now, does this mean that they know that these repairs have yet to be performed on my Jeep? I am the 3rd owner of the Jeep, so I'd have no idea what the previous owners did.

Also, is it true that I can bring my Jeep to a dealer and get these things repaired free of charge? (something tells me if it sounds too good to be true it usually is)

When the dealer fixes a recall they log it in the system with your VIN I believe. A dealer oughta be able to let you know if that stuffs been fixed.

Alright, now I guess I just need to find a local dealer, as I have no idea where this Jeep was originally purchased. Something tells me I'll get some wierd looks asking for a recall repair on a 15 year old vehicle...

Happens all the time...some people just choose to ignore the recalls...

The Dealer will probably try to sell you some additional services that they feel your vehicle needs, while they have it in the shop...

I'm sure they will try, especially when they see the oil it is leaking :) I was needing new rotors as it was, as the brake pedal pulsates when you push on it, I just didn't know that I could get free ones. :)

i just had some recall work done the airbag contrule module and the fuel level sending unit free of charge, and yes they did try to get me to do stuff to get some money.

pan gasket and rear main seal, valve cover seal, engine tune, up tranny flush, and 4x4 serviced . the tranny i did about a week or two before, the tune up was done about a month ago.

MJCfromCT said:
You can use this link:

http://www.jeep.com/wccsapp/universal/J/index.jsp?appStr=wccs&titleStr=Contact+Jeep&familyStr=brand&franchise=J&actionURL=%2Fwccs%2Fbrand_forms%2Fus%2Fwebform.jsp&promotion=null&category=U

If you fill in all the information and in the "Comments" section ask for your build sheet, they should get back to you.

Thanks, wasn't easy as it assumes you are US based but I live in NZ so I had to fudge the post code and the telephone number as it does some form of checking that they are valid.

I too have a 93 and had the same recall notice. I however had JUST dont the brakes completely myself, rotors, pads and calipers. I the last thing I want is the stupid "have to put my foot on the brake before I can get it into gear" deal. I talked to the dealership and they agreed to delete it from the records so the recall wouldn't keep showing up at etesting. But if I were you I may be going for the brake rotors.

Tkjeeper, while your personal preferences in this are none of my business, I too wonder why you don't want the brake interlock. I have the same 93 recall notice after ordering the build sheet a couple of weeks ago. I am debating whether to have the work done, but mostly from the standpoint of preferring not to have dealer service touch my Jeep even if it's free.

As respects having to press the brake before shifting into gear, I assume about 99% of people do that anyway so I'm not sure it makes a lot of difference. One more thing to go wrong?

you're better off not letting them near your Jeep
maybe...they fix it right without screwing something else up
then,
they'll make a list of all the other things that need repair on your Jeep and overwhelm you
it's been done

I'm a firefighter and I have to make quick dashes out sometimes in the middle of the night, I just don't like the brake interlock, I have it on the trucks at work and just my personal preference I guess.

tkjeeper said:
I'm a firefighter and I have to make quick dashes out sometimes in the middle of the night, I just don't like the brake interlock, I have it on the trucks at work and just my personal preference I guess.
:wierd:

Back