• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

switching to an AW-4

woodbutcher

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched and the answer I need is not there can someone expound a little more on what you have to do to put the cpu for the aw-4 into an XJ that came with an AX-15?

Do you have to change the whole harness or do you wire the cpu into the existing one ?
what else has to be changed or added to make the swap complete ?
Thanks for the input .
Sean

I'm suprised you didn't find any info, seeing how many threads there are with people swapping from auto to manual and vice-versa. What year are you talking about? There some issues depending on what year the donor is comparing to the XJ you're putting it into. Yes, you need to mount the TCU and it's harness and splice it into the main wiring harness.

its only seven wires, and you don't have to do the starter disable part of the NSS hookup.

91-95 are as simple as it gets.

87-90 you gotta change the throttle position sensor

just make sure that the "sensor ground" wire does NOT go to Chassis Ground. you want to tie it to the same ground that the TPS uses.

yeah I would rather keep the AX-15 but it is 2wd in a 91 and the donor vehicle is a 93 so it should be easy I just needed the schematic to know where to put it , and if I had to change all the harness or if it could be spliced in .
Sean

Back