• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What's the plan for firewood?

HaleYes

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody got a plan?

In past years, I have been able to bring firewood and straw. I'm trying to figure out some way for me to continue doing this. My problem right now is the brown turd is a bit "under the weather" and I really don't have the funds right now to fix the damned thing. I do have friends and family with pickups that may be able to help haul. I'll see what I can do.

Les

LBEXJ said:
In past years, I have been able to bring firewood and straw. I'm trying to figure out some way for me to continue doing this. My problem right now is the brown turd is a bit "under the weather" and I really don't have the funds right now to fix the damned thing. I do have friends and family with pickups that may be able to help haul. I'll see what I can do.

Les

I wouldn't put yourself out Les. No big deal. That's why I posted. I wanted to make sure eveyone was aware that firewood would be needed.

If I end up trailering, I plan to put some on the trailer.

Hale

Well, I'll be having a tough time fitting all my boxes and bins of shop scraps in my van. I missed Carnagefest and Fall Fling last year, and have done several large cabinet/bookcase/entertainment center type jobs lately, so it's been piling up. All we'll need is a dead tree or two :D

I want to do what I can Mike. I'm especially wanting to make sure I have some straw lined up, just in case we need it. The way this weather has been, wet and sloppy, it may be handy to have a few bales around.

Les

I could bring pallets... I burn them but am unsure if that breaks some sort of campfire etiquette due to the presence of nails.

I have a bunch of chinese crates laying in the yard at work... But it would contain nails like Lawn Cher's pallets.....

I think we should stay away from the nails.

I thought you weren't supposed to bring firewood from out of state b/c of that crazy beetle. I know that WI campgrounds ride it pretty hard. :dunno:

boredchimp said:
I thought you weren't supposed to bring firewood from out of state b/c of that crazy beetle. I know that WI campgrounds ride it pretty hard. :dunno:

It is discouraged in state parks, but I don't know about private campgrounds. I doubt they would make a fuss since Attica Campground is basically a field.

IllianaXJ said:
It is discouraged in state parks, but I don't know about private campgrounds. I doubt they would make a fuss since Attica Campground is basically a field.

The chinese crates have already supposedly been treated. They needed to be to be imported.

boredchimp said:

It won't last long enough for the beetles to get out any way. JIM.

boredchimp said:
here in OH it's illegal to take firewood betwwen county lines because of the ash borer.

taht said, If I can locate a small utility trailer I will bring a trailerfull of wood that's been seasoned.

edit:
if anyone that's taking a truck and trailer is going to be anywhere near me I'll bring the firewood to you and you can take it.

Last edited:
Just when you think that there may be a wood shortage at WF, the MWC pulls through. I really thought we'd end up buying some high-dollar camp wood from someone local. We ended up having more than enough.

Big thanks to all of those that chipped in and brought wood! Thank you very much!

Hale

87manche said:
here in OH it's illegal to take firewood betwwen county lines because of the ash borer.

taht said, If I can locate a small utility trailer I will bring a trailerfull of wood that's been seasoned.

edit:
if anyone that's taking a truck and trailer is going to be anywhere near me I'll bring the firewood to you and you can take it.

Ditto in WI
Fear the Emerald Ash Borer
They say it killed Sasquach and once took a swing at Chuck Norris.

Back