• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

attn Wirring Guru's- question

Clean Racing

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I have a 90 xj waggy with power everything. My question pertains to power mirror system. I have purchased a set of used power mirrors from a 97+ to adapt to my 90.
The 90 power mirror uses 4 wires and 3 feeds. The 97+ uses 5 wires and 4 feeds. I don't have the fsm in front of me right now, SO I am asking if anyone has ever done this swap successfully please provide your input. I searched and have only found guys running the new mirrors minus the power option. Thanks for any help..

I dont have too much knowlegde on the newer XJ's but did the 97+ XJ's have an auto driver setup option like some sedans? that fifth wire could be from the computer for the presets maybe.
I usually check for same color and location of wires on the movement motors and run some low power to each and see what they move, then use a wire meter on the sending switch to see what each wire is transmitting for each of the button movements for each wire.
Really you just have the Y axis, up and down (common, ground, hot feed) and the X axis, up and down.
Are the mirrors lighted? heated? turn signal lights in them? something out of the ordinary requiring another lead. Unless they just moved something off a relay to be changed up at the motor unit in the mirror.
I am not near my FSM right now but some dissection of the mirror should be easy enough and just follow the wires.

Clean-RC said:
Ok I have a 90 xj waggy with power everything. My question pertains to power mirror system. I have purchased a set of used power mirrors from a 97+ to adapt to my 90.
The 90 power mirror uses 4 wires and 3 feeds. The 97+ uses 5 wires and 4 feeds. I don't have the fsm in front of me right now, SO I am asking if anyone has ever done this swap successfully please provide your input. I searched and have only found guys running the new mirrors minus the power option. Thanks for any help..
That spare wire on the 97+ is for heat.

Edited by Administrator.

Read the sticky about posting links to FSMs at the top of the page.

Back