• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Custom Body Work

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I got a little out of hand with the welder while welding my rear fenders back together (paint on fire:rolleyes: ) and I will be repainting the xj soon. Anyway, I think now is the time for me to do any custom work. I would like to do a '97+ front clip and maybe a hatch and tail light upgrade. What have you guys done as far as body mods? I want to do something to make it stand out and increase offroad ability if possible. thanks in advance.

P.S. Trail damage is not custom body work. ;)

there are some HUGE fiberglass fenders on the net somewhere (cant remember the site anywhere) in the 97+ shape, then i think the USbody hood would go with it, and then the 97+ front headerpanel, that would look sweet, and you have much travel

or you could just do regular fenders and trim them

aaronxj and ********* have done that, aarons pics are on genxj.com, he has the usbody hood (sweet) and the new clip on his mj mmmm

you could also shave your door handels ;) :D

You could do some fender trimming:

side.jpg

Or maybe some tailight housings:

rear.jpg

Or maybe half doors:

halfies.jpg

Have fun! :)

My flares are trimmed more than enough. I am running TJ flares, thus the reason for welding the rear wells back together.
Vintage, whats that tail light housing made from? I would have to make the lights legal though since mine isn't a trailor queen.

vintage, that is one hell of a badass looking rearbumper/tailight combo! i think my dreamjeep just got a new bumper idea

CW. said:
My flares are trimmed more than enough. I am running TJ flares, thus the reason for welding the rear wells back together.
Vintage, whats that tail light housing made from? I would have to make the lights legal though since mine isn't a trailor queen.

Mine was a daily driver until I took off the 35s & built my own suspension. Yes it will still see street time heading to the trail, but it's mostly retired from the bump & grind.

The tailights are 100% legal and are a big upgrade vs. the stock conventional bulbs. These are the same lights they use on tractor trailers/UPS trucks/postal trucks & etc. I got them at www.buytruckstuff.com

The housings are 3 x 5 x 3/16 tubing w/some brackets to fit the stock locations. You'll also need some diodes to keep from back feeding your brake lights with the turn signals as they're only 2 function lights.

I got in a wreck a while ago and bangd up my bumper and my fender pretty bad so the other night I took a hammer to my fender and bumper! The bumper didnt budge but the fender is sort of back to normal, its not stickin out anymore but now its more stickin in then out! No pics yet sorry!!

Chris

Back