• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Control arm rub

NWAP

NAXJA Forum User
Installed 2" coil spacers and blocks on an 01 cher.
31x10.5 BFG All Terrains on 15x8 Wrangler wheels.
Turned out nice but on the R side (where the track bar attaches therefore pulling the axle over a hair) the wheel rubs on the control arm at full turn. All I need is the wheel to move out a very minor amount, but how do I go about doing this? Has anyone resolved this before?
Wheel spacers are the only thing I can come up with, but I will need longer studs since I already dont have much thread for the lugnuts. Does anyone sell longer studs?
Anyhow, I guess the easiest thing to do would be Longarms........
Any help appreciated, Ryan

Track bar will help but it may still rub a little, it's pretty harmless though. You could get grand cherokee lower arms. they are the same length but curve inward to help with the problem. I would just leave it as is personally.

There is a small (3/8 fine thread) bolt in the knuckle that hits the inner C acting as a steering stop. It is on the front side, near the bottom. It has an adjusting nut welded in place in the bolt. There is one on each side. Take the bolt out, put a washer between the welded on nut and the knuckle, and presto! The wheel can't turn as far, so it doesn't rub.

Do yourself a favor. Spend some time, maybe several hours, reading all you can about lifts and how they work. Search for "rubbing control arms" and "steering stops" and learn as much as you can. It will give you the info you need to make your Jeep exactly what you want it to be.

Neal

sgtmack said:
There is a small (3/8 fine thread) bolt in the knuckle that hits the inner C acting as a steering stop. It is on the front side, near the bottom. It has an adjusting nut welded in place in the bolt. There is one on each side. Take the bolt out, put a washer between the welded on nut and the knuckle, and presto! The wheel can't turn as far, so it doesn't rub.

X2 - A couple of washers works wonders!!!

WJ control arms curve and would gain you some clearance. Gojeep did a writeup on the swap. Or a couple washers.

Back