• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

looking for gears?

aaronsxj

NAXJA Forum User
i'm getting ready to buy new gears and on ebay i saw a kit from completeoffroad.com for 379.00 which includes (2) r&p sets and (2) master install kits. anyone ever ordered these or anything from these guys?

they are a reputable company. They are Yukon gears if I recall correctly. they can sell them cheaper b/c they dont advertise the brand name. I am ordering the gears for my 8.8 and D30 from them. And they include shipping in their price as well.

shipping is quick as well. the only place i get my gears from is them

shit gear packages arent to bad...

maybe I can regear and be on 33s by next winter...

installing these are hard tho right??

i installed my OME kit and did a hack n tap on my own.. how does this compare??

I've bought gears from complete offroad. Mike is good to deal with. Good stuff, fast shipping. I'll likely buy from him again if I ever have the jack for gears....:bawl:

Mtb Jak said:

If you need them installed let me or dave on adkj know. Personally re-gearing stock axles isnt worth it. Just makes it easier to break stuff.

Mtb Jak said:

Got a magnetic dial indicator gauge that will measure in the thousandths, you'll need it, the backlash has to be set to about 10-12 thousandths, I know I just had my D35 done last week in the ZJ. The previous owner had some work done on it and the backlash was 20-22, it ate the gears, spiders and carrier. Result of a shop spinning off the yoke, pulling and replacing the pinion seal and spinning the yoke back on. He'd have been better off keeping the leak and adding lube rather than what they did. But I knew that before I bought it. The upside was with the carrier shot it only cost me $40 more for a locker :D :D :D

Back