• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stacking small spacers?

KI4KWF

NAXJA Forum User
this is actually for my TJ, but is there anything wrong or dangerous/etc about stacking coil spacers? it has 2-inchers in it already, and i was thinking of sticking some .75-.1.75" with them to pick it up just a tad bit.
opinions please?:wave:

KI4KWF said:
this is actually for my TJ, but is there anything wrong or dangerous/etc about stacking coil spacers? it has 2-inchers in it already, and i was thinking of sticking some .75-.1.75" with them to pick it up just a tad bit.

stop being cheap.... if a single poly spacer doesnt do it for you, its time for new coils. the more poly you add, the less bumpstop you will have in the top of your coil to retain it from unseating and falling out.

KI4KWF said:

I think the max you can go for spacers is 3". So you could stack the .75" spacer no problem. :lickout:

I think any spacer is garbage. Save up and do it right! Dont tell me you dont have the $, I am in the army and have 5 kids. If I can budget it out anyone can. And yes, we all eat well...:eyes:

Forrest Gump and Bubba were from Alabama too..

rcmf5525 said:
I think any spacer is garbage. Save up and do it right! Dont tell me you dont have the $, I am in the army and have 5 kids. If I can budget it out anyone can. And yes, we all eat well...:eyes:
I made pretty decent money (in my eyes) as a LCpl (E3) in the Marine Corps. That said I ran 2 1.5" spacers stacked for about 4 yrs. Never had an issue with the spacers themselves, my only problems came from steering angles and short stock arms being at bad angles. Never even came close to popping a coil out on my XJ, running with disco'd sway bars.

BlackSport96 said:
I made pretty decent money (in my eyes) as a LCpl (E3) in the Marine Corps. That said I ran 2 1.5" spacers stacked for about 4 yrs. Never had an issue with the spacers themselves, my only problems came from steering angles and short stock arms being at bad angles. Never even came close to popping a coil out on my XJ, running with disco'd sway bars.

I dont make bad money, but I have 6 dependants. Kids eat alot....LOL

eh, it was just a brain fart.
their obviously really cheap so if i do it and change my mind then im not out that much. :confused1

done it, and still have it
got 3" coils with 2" spacers on top of 1.75" spacers...works alright, not as much flex as going with the taller coils, and it looks gay..but oh well, im broke

All sorts of answers... just don't do this...

mattlift_parts_12incoilspacers01.jpg

please tell me that is a gag pic!!! and you think you can spare a couple of those 2" spacers...:dunce:

Back