• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

trac bar

Whats it for? Do you want just an adjustable single sheer type or do you want a new TB bracket and so forth?

The best way to go is a new bracket and double sheer trackbar end but I dont know if you can use that because I dont know how much, if any, lift you have. generally the trackbars with brackets are too long for anything under 3-4" of lift.
I just put one of these from Iron Rock http://www.ironrockoffroad.com/Merc...en=PROD&Store_Code=IROR&Product_Code=IR-STBCK
on and for the money, its a good product. BUT, I have about 3" of lift and had to cut the bar down a little so it would fit. I told them, I dont know if they have changed anything or not.

Depends on your lift amount and needs. for 0-3" I'd go JKS (wish I had the money) for 3"+ I think I'd to TnT Customs. Great set up and great price. I asked TnT if they could make a short one for me and they said "nope" I was bummed.
I currently have a Black Diamond with a heim and I replace a heim every 9 months or so. They cost me about $12 through a local race shop for Midwestcontrol.com but I'd love to solve the problem permanently.
my .02

i have about 4 inches of lift. will go bigger in the future to about 6 inches. i just want the strongest there is

Ray,
I'm at about 2.5" How much did you have to cut off your bar to get it to fit? Is it threaded internally or did you need to weld on a new bung?

asatxj said:
Ray,
I'm at about 2.5" How much did you have to cut off your bar to get it to fit? Is it threaded internally or did you need to weld on a new bung?

Its theaded internally. All I had to do is cut it straight (I used a band saw) and I didnt have any problems at all getting the end to screw in. I also had to cut the threaded end off the same amount.
It was about 1/4" too long but I cut off about 3/4" to give myself a little adjustment. That left a good 2.5" of threads still inside the bar.
I did a short writup on the good, bad and ugly of it. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: heres that little writeup I did on the Iron Rock TB. Its at the very end of the thread. http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=935719&page=3

Last edited:
Thanks Ray! Might be my solution!! OMT, what is the thread on the thing? looks like 3/4" RH maybe????

asatxj said:
Thanks Ray! Might be my solution!! OMT, what is the thread on the thing? looks like 3/4" RH maybe????
To tell you the truth, Im not sure what size threads it has. If I had to guess I would say 1".. I know its RH though.

gregmondro said:
wait for it

You might be waiting awhile, I dont think its the HD TB that people have had problems with.

RE,TNT,or Kevin's nothing less!!

I have a 4" lift and 31's. I HAD a rusty's bar with the stock mount and with the little tires and lift it hit the oil pan and the diff rubbed it so hard I wore out 3 bar ends in 2 years. With a big lift it would work. I now have the Iron Rock double sheer kit and it's exellent. It's made out of cold rolled solid steal and clears my lift great. If you call Iron Rock they will make you a shorter one. Good guys.

Last edited:
wannajeep said:
I have a 4" lift and 31's. I HAD a rusty's bar with the stock mount and with the little tires and lift it hit the oil pan and the diff rubbed it so hard I wore out 3 bar ends in 2 years. With a big lift it would work. I now have the Iron Rock double sheer kit and it's exellent. It's made out of cold rolled solid steal and clears my lift great. If you call Iron Rock they will make you a shorter one. Good guys.

what kind of end(johny joint or rubber bushing) do they use for the end that goes into the frame mount?

Last edited:
Back