• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fire extinguisher mount

Red97XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a kidde 3lb fire extinguisher mount that broke today wheelin (luckily that is all that broke). It was just the cheap plastic one with a quick release, but it was 23 below zero with wind chill, and that may have something to do with it.

Where can I buy something to mount this sucker and still get quick release? It measures 3.25" across the bottom.

By the way, I also carry a 10lb Fire extinguisher.... 2 people spraying a fire is better than one!

Thanks guys.

Have you ever tried to open the hood when there is an engine fire? Releasing the latch at the front of the hood gets HOT! I now carry a pair of heavy leather work gloves with my fire extinguisher. It was a neighbour's car, not my XJ.....I currently have a fuel leak to fix.

Check your better hardware stores - you can often find all metal fire extinguisher holders that have QR buckles (kinda necessary, methinks...) for a nominal cost. They tend to be for larger bottles, but you never know.

Also, look in your phone book and see who recharges them locally (there's always an outfit or three,) and they're likely to have them or know where they can be found.

Last resort? Ask your local fire department.

Super Quick Fist.
PowerTank&Ext-image2.jpg
NozzleAndExt-image.jpg

Find the local place that refils fire extingushers in the yellow pages. They stock all kinds of nice brackets.

Mounts are great, if you can mount it somplace handy and out of the way.
I have mine tucked down between the drivers seat and the door. It fits really
tight right there. No room to go anywhere and very accesible as you stepp out
of the door.

Clean Mud said:
of the door.

ya, thats where my mag-lite flashlight is already mounted....

Clean Mud said:
of the door.

I've got a small one mounted there and I've got another one in the back where the spare was.

Clean Mud said:
of the door.

x2. I had to remove the plastic trim on the bottom of the seat, but it fits perfect.

Back