• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear bumstop question

gradysjeep

NAXJA Forum User
I'm planning on taking my RE 3.5" SF kit up to 4.5 with a shackle and spacer in the front and running 33x12.5 and the only question I have is about the rear bumstops. I was looking at doing this as cheaply and easily as possible and was thinking about taking some 2x2 square tubing drilling some holes and puttting it between the stock bumpstop and the unibody. Question is would that be enough bumpstopping to help out with overflexing the springs and keeping the 33"s out of the fenders or do i need some more. I plan on having about 4" of bumpstopping in the front by putting 2 pucks on the 2" bumstop that came with the kit. What did you guys do for rear bumstopping? How much? with what? Thanks

start with it and see, you can always add some smaller peices of flat bar as spacers if you need more

i have the same question. i have a 3 in rough country lift and i already know i broke off both rear bumpstops. i'd like to know what to do to make my own bumpstops? what dimensions do they need to be? pretty much everything except you guys actually making them for me.. what length should my front stops be? my rear tires are getting cut from the wheel well and i dont want to trash them anymore

Back