• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

has anyone used the AWShifting conversion?

lostNdallas

NAXJA Forum User
I considering one but wanted to hear from people have one.

Or would this question be better in the performance section of the board?

How do you mean conversion. Is there a new controller, or you talking about the switches that let you lock the tq converter and chose which gear your in on the auto. If it is the second, I installed mine in 2002, love it. Wife can't figure it out, so it is a his/her switch in my vehicle. The tcu will learn your driving. If you rev it out then switch gears, when you controll it, when swithced back, the tcu will do the same. And if you flip thru the gears, the tcu will do the same. It will reset it's self when you turn the key off, so it wont freak out the other drivers (if your married like me and she likes to drive it)

I was reading through the guys site the other night and I prefer to row my own and thought the kit was a good (and cheap) compromise as opposed to installing an AX5 and the collateral PITA surrounding it.

Thanks for the info.

Back