• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C02 Tank mounting.

NighthawkXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a C02 tank a while back, and thought i saw some cool pics of how to mount it, but have been searching for several days now for where i saw them, and cant find them.

Oh, yes, i did search here. typed in c02 and co2 and neither came back with a single post.

Please, show me how you did yours.

Thanks.

NighthawkXJ said:
I picked up a C02 tank a while back, and thought i saw some cool pics of how to mount it, but have been searching for several days now for where i saw them, and cant find them.

Oh, yes, i did search here. typed in c02 and co2 and neither came back with a single post.

Please, show me how you did yours.

Thanks.

This is when it was a little more mild. Sorry only pic I got left from back then. But It sets where the spare donut tire sat.

http://www.tqci.net/~scot/

After I chopped the back I just built a platform for the CO2 tank and bolted it in.

standard.jpg

I used some 1"X1" box for the horizontal mount behind the panel and some 3"X3" angle stock on the bottom attached to the crossmember that is normally under the rear seat.

DaffyXJ said:
This is when it was a little more mild. Sorry only pic I got left from back then. But It sets where the spare donut tire sat.

http://www.tqci.net/~scot/

After I chopped the back I just built a platform for the CO2 tank and bolted it in.

Got mine there also, but I left the spare tires foot plate in and wedged a plastic skateboard truck riser under the bottle bracket foot plate for extra support as well as using the existing bolt holes on the side.Daffy I'm curious as to what size bolts you used and if you put nuts behind them or just used the tapped sheet metal..

this is how i mountd mine. I wanted to put a plate there for more mounting surface. Just use some 5/16 screws through the tank mounting plate into what ever you are mounting it to.
2875682610047354999mPoLCf_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/IMG]
2527636690047354999JUEsyO_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
2827894000047354999DYxxqT_th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back