• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cant get wj lca's to sit right

max419

NAXJA Forum User
So i finished cutting down the lca's bushing, and planned on putting them on. got going on the driver side and the lca hits at the front-top at the back mount. I cant get it to move up to get it to the axle mount. its like 4-5 inches away, are the back(frame) lca mounts on early xjs shallower than others. I dont get it. everyone seems to get it to work. i was thinking of notching the top of the lca and welding in some plate for more clearance. But i'd really like to know why i cant get it to fit like this.
James

Are you sure the LCAs aren't hitting the shock mounts on the axle? Are you lifted? The WJ LCAs don't work very well with much more that 3" of lift because they are really tall and they hit the shock mount, limiting droop.

Do you have your Jeep up on jack stands with the axle hanging? LCAs are easier to do when the Jeep is sitting on it's tires. If the axle is hanging to far the anlge is too much and the WJ LCAs will hit the shock mount.

Back