• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another, "What do I need" thread

Chero-King

NAXJA Forum User
One thing I've never understood was steering angles and components. I haven't lifted it high enough to worry about them, now I want to.

From what I've read, it seems that I need to have my trac-bar, and pitman arm as close to parrallel as possible right?
So, right now i've got a hair under 4"s of lift in the front. (f-150 coils and 1.75" spacer)
I want to go with a set of 4.5" coils and use my 1.75" spacer on top. I know I'll need to start changing components then.

I was looking at the Rusty's drop pitman arm and adjustable trac-bar, will I be okay with those two?

Last edited:
DPA isn't really a good idea. Choose a better brand for your trackbar at that height. TNT Customs with the brace. You may want to go OTK. Also you will need long arms or drop brackets. New shocks most likely. Brakelines maybe. etc

Yeah I already planned on new arms and shocks, already have extended brakelines in the rear and planning on YJ's for the front.

Who sells complete steering kits?

Chero-King said:
Yeah I already planned on new arms and shocks, already have extended brakelines in the rear and planning on YJ's for the front.

Who sells complete steering kits?

rugged ridge, currie.

TNT. Just ordered a kit for the D44 I am putting in the front.... Expensive though...

After adding up what all this is going to cost, shocks, arms, coils, steering components, etc.
I think Im just going to buy a 4.5" lift complete and not worry about mis-matching and throwing together parts.Probably be cheaper in the long run anyway.
Looking at the RC 4.5" kit right now actually..
Thinkin about buying the AAL one since it's a couple hundred bucks cheaper, and using my bastard pack with a 1" shackle to level it out.

Back