• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSL or KM2?

rcmf5525

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I know tire threads are many, but hell, with the cost of tires I want to get the most bang for my buck...

I have it narrowed down to TSL (35x11) or the BFG KM2 (35x12.5). Got anyone out there that has experience with both?

Here in Savannah we dont have a lot of rocks, but our local Jeep club makes trips to places with some. Most of my rides consist of muddy hill climbs. I do drive the jeep on the street a fair amount. Not because I have to, I like to. I will have a D44/60 combo under my heep soon and that is what the tires will be mounted to. I am going to run spools. Not really sure if that will make a difference in tire choice, just thought I would throw it out there.

the KM2s are more of all around tire, go with the TSLs if you spend your time in mud. ive gone through mud up to my door handles with my TSL swampers they are excellent mud tires. they are loud as all hell on the road, and you get alot of vibration, but they work great in the muck, and they work pretty good on rocks. not climbing smooth rocks but on big piles of em they work great.

Thanks for your opinion. I kind of like the noise of a aggressive tire. Kind of gets me hot in the pants...LOL

If you drive your jeep on the streets often, then i would go KM2. But you know they dont come in 15's yet right? Your TSL's are gonna wear very fast ont he street.

GrimmJeeper said:
hell yes they are. figger on em lasting about 10-15k. but damn they look sweeeeet :D

I dont know if they will even last that long. A buddy of mine bought them for his wrangler and drove it everyday, and honestly, in 3 months they were done for. VERY little tread left. I doubt he ever got them rotated, but still id go for something more road friendly.

Trxus maybe?

GrimmJeeper said:
hell yes they are. figger on em lasting about 10-15k. but damn they look sweeeeet :D

The president of our jeep club had a set for 6 years. No BS! He did not drive it everyday, but put about 5k a year on them and tons of trail time. Its a good 2.5/3 hour drive to any thing good from here. He has a CJ7 with a spool. He said he got new ones because the others were getting out of round.... Maybe the newer TSL have a softer tread compound, not sure...

lancey3 said:
Trxus maybe?

For the price I have been told they arent so good. A friend of mine went from radial claws to Trxus MTs and is not too happy... That was my first choice. Those or MTZs.

I would get the BF's for all around performance, the TSL's for offroad mostly drivin'. I realy like what I run. 31" Firestone Destination MT's kinda pricey, but flat out nuts for rock grip. Better than MTR's, TRXUS's, BFG AT's, I proved it in Moab. They ride great on the road and ballance well. The problem is they only go up to 33's. For all other purposes they are similar to BFG MT's.

I'd go BFG on the street. I might also reconsider the spools if you drive it regularly on the street. I've got a welded rear diff and its killed my tires. I'm running Dunlop MTs and the rear tires are pretty close o bald, they got maybe another 5k left in em. I've had em for a year and driven maybe 12k miles. I will admit they have not been rotated at all, but with spols front and rear, I wouldn't expect it to make a huge difference... just my 2 cents if you do a lot of street driving.

Back