• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

to build a weak link in the 44 or not

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody

so ive pretty much researched/ordered everything i need for my waggy 44 build. all the stuff is at my house, and im at school, so cant really do anything to it this summer. but i began looking into shafts/u-joints to run.

im gonna go with alloy usa shafts, and probably longfield, or alloy super joints.

ive yukon 5:13s, tnt truss, warn locking hubs. when i do these shafts should i go alloy inners and outers. or just inners, run 1 of those fancy u-joints, and leave a weak outer.

in other words, im thinking the outer will be the easier thing to replace on the trail.

im planning on running either a 36 inch tsl, or 37 inch irok. which on pirate standards seem to require 2.5 ton mog axles....but i live in the real world, so i believe this is plenty of axle for a middle of the line 44..

opinions

In my experience, the hubs will be the weak link. I have replaced mine way too many times.

Back