• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

who makes these headers (pics)

ranger125

NAXJA Forum User
headers.jpg

and is u know how are they ?? my BANKS ones cracked and i am unhappy with them

http://www.cliffordperformance.net/...de=CP&Product_Code=57-2015&Category_Code=J258
That's what I'm runnin and I couldn't be happier with em. They fit like a glove which is important as headers are usually a pain in the ass. However, the rest of the exhaust is VERY difficult to route through an XJ but if you're up for a very challenging, very custom exhaust job, the payoff's great. And for $339 and a VERY high quality you really can't beat em.

hmm , could u elaborate on the custom part ??? and do u have pics , i am wanting to completly re do my exhaust so i am gonna have it mandrel bet and i am unsure of a muffler yet . oh does it have a port for a 02 sensor?? and does it go down to 1 pipe??

n15924564_37620887_8684.jpg

n15924564_37620888_8980.jpg

By custom I mean there'll be a lotta custom bends. And as you can see, you'll prolly wanna make the second pipe leave ya enough room to change your oil. Also as you can see, it's a dual outlet header but you can buy a Y pipe for it... though I don't see why you'd want to. I mean, if you're gunna spend the money on a dual outlet shorty then you may as well go dual all the way back. They also make a very nice X pipe for the system that's only $70. And yes, the head has an O2 fitting in one collector and a fitting for your EGR valve... if you have one. If not you can just plug it with an NPT no big deal. That's what I did.

Last edited:
wowsa , i am thinkin i will get the y pipe just to keep it simple down there , do they have a swivle at the header to tail pipe conection with the springs and doughnut , or is it lthe ridgid doughnut style like the factory one ??

That looks awesome, except the side exit. I know my unibody rails have slid over alot of things, and I know the exhaust would be dented to hell running under the rails.

Prior to or after the muffler I'd probably get a "Y" pipe and bring it down to one pipe.

Looks like a nice header design though!!

ranger125 said:
the headers in the link u sent me look different than the ones i posted , just wondern y??
Cause they are different. His is a Clifford Performance header and the one you posted looks like a Pacesetter header to me.

Gojeep said:
I have a picture of quite a few brands on my write up here.
http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoExhuast.htm
The one pictured also shows that it comes with a Y piece and one piece cross over tube too. The Y piece is at the top left of your photo.
so do u know who makes those top headers ?? i am mjust lookin for there web page so i can get some info and also to get info from u guys . thank u for the info so far verry awesome

ranger125 said:
wowsa , i am thinkin i will get the y pipe just to keep it simple down there , do they have a swivle at the header to tail pipe conection with the springs and doughnut , or is it lthe ridgid doughnut style like the factory one ??

The street hook up kit that this header comes with is rigid. They send you really good gaskets too. But yea, I'm not recommending this exact set-up necessarily. If you're doin a lotta wheelin then the side exit's not for you. I just did it cause my shackels are too big for the exhaust to go out like stock. But the Y pipe REALLY makes things easier and you'll still have a system that sounds awesome.

2000. And I've been very reluctant to say anything so far but... I've been gettin some insanely good gas mileage since having this header. Granted, it is a new motor too but stock. And even a stock new motor shouldn't be getting the kinda mileage I'm getting. ESPECIALLY considering how I drive... you could call it "spirited"... I'm gunna start tracking it and depending on what I find out, start a new thread about it. So ya, I'm lovin this header!

Couldnt tell ya who makes that header but for muffler recomendations I would get a Spintech. I have a Banks header (first one cracked, and I welded the second one after it cracked) with a custom bent 2.5" downpipe into a hollow'd out cat into a spintech sportsman series muffler and 2.5" tube out the back. I cant count the people who come up to me and ask what motor I got under the hood cause it doesnt sound like a Jeep 4.0L :)

AARON

PurpleCherokee said:
n15924564_37620887_8684.jpg

n15924564_37620888_8980.jpg

By custom I mean there'll be a lotta custom bends. And as you can see, you'll prolly wanna make the second pipe leave ya enough room to change your oil. Also as you can see, it's a dual outlet header but you can buy a Y pipe for it... though I don't see why you'd want to. I mean, if you're gunna spend the money on a dual outlet shorty then you may as well go dual all the way back. They also make a very nice X pipe for the system that's only $70. And yes, the head has an O2 fitting in one collector and a fitting for your EGR valve... if you have one. If not you can just plug it with an NPT no big deal. That's what I did.

How does the dual set-up affect back pressure?
I have the pace setters. I had a friend ceramic coat it inside and out after I stripped them. Havent had a chance to install them so I cant elaborate on any hp or torque improvements. I paid 215 for the headers, the rest was a freebie. I guess it was a good improvement on a low cost header.

Not trying to hijack the thread, but...

Which style header header produces better high-end or low-end performance? I can't seam to remember. By style I mean a 6 into 2 like this, a 6 into 1, or a 6 to 3 to 1, etc.

I've been very impressed with how well this set-up flows. The pipes are actually 2 1/8" which is smaller than stock, but then again, there are two of them so it's a pretty dramatic increase in area over stock. Also, I wanted my exhaust to be a truly straight-through design so the first set of bulges are resonators (glass-packs) and the muffler is a Dynomax Ultra-Flo X, which is basically a perforated x-pipe in a fiberglass case. It's a 16" case. No cats... to which I regret ever mentioning on this forum lol... I was worried about how loud it would be but I was VERY pleasantly suprised at how quiet it was at idle. And it doesn't droan at all on the highway. However, when you put your foot down, it gets loud FAST. Which is basically exactly how I wanted it. Quiet when you're just drivin around town but MEAN when you get on it. So I guess to answer your back-pressure question, the only system with less back-pressure than the one I have would open headers. And I can tell you all first hand that having little to no back-pressure DOES NOT RUIN TORQUE, or any amount of power for that matter. Since I have a stock motor now except for the exhaust, I'd like to line up with a stock XJ to see just how much of a difference there'd be. Any takers??? lol

Last edited:
WheelsUp said:
Not trying to hijack the thread, but...

Which style header header produces better high-end or low-end performance? I can't seam to remember. By style I mean a 6 into 2 like this, a 6 into 1, or a 6 to 3 to 1, etc.

It is all covered here. http://www.go.jeep-xj.info/HowtoExhuast.htm
Also the backpressure is dealt with with dyno results.

Back