• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How hard to replace front vent window?

RShotl

NAXJA Forum User
Mine got punched out by some local kids who also ripped out my head unit. I just moved here, and have no tools, nor a garage. I think I am going to go to a friend's to work on it, but I want to make sure it's easy...

Does it need to be sealed in there like a windshield? Or is it just a matter of pulling the door panel apart and putting it in there like a regular door window...?

'96 2 door, no power windows

its bolt in. it has a rubber gasket and does not need to be glued in like a windshiled does.

It's a pain in the butt and takes all afternoon but basically you remove the "4" shaped assembly around the vent as a single unit. Pull the door panel off, remove a couple of bolts that hold the vertical upright part of the 4 frame, remove a couple of screws along the angled part of the outside door frame, wrestle the old unit out, and wrestle the new one in. The rubber around the vent window is attached to the metal 4 frame.

It isn't hard, just very time consuming and you will get very pissed off at it, unless you have a lot of patience

Back