• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to the Jeep World; Sorry kinda long!

NewToJeeps

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody,

As you can probably tell from my username I am pretty new to jeeps -- and SUV's for that matter.

I've only owned sports cars in the past and one '88 Toyota pickup, which ran out of steam at 320k miles; loved it.

I currently own an '04 Ford Focus SVT with all the goodies that I'm trying to sell. I love the car, but I think the lifestyle (wanna let my dog ride around with me too) is changing and plus, after I drove my first XJ about an month ago, I think I've fallen in love all over again, so here I am -- in the market for an XJ.

I've probably test driven about 8 of them so far and I think I might have found a good one. Seems pretty good to me: 1999 Sport which is pretty bare bones except for having cruise -- it's the one option that I prefer to have since I always use it on freeway. I've also been reading up and doing some homework using the "search" feature on here and it's helped answer a lot of my questions. My only fear is that I'm still learning quite a bit about these XJ's and do not know many of the technical aspects such as 29 splines and such. At this stage I would just like a solid platform and a nice clean, stock example.

This truck seems to be very inside and out, and I've checked KBB for my area; it's priced about $800.00 below. With 105k miles on it and two owners on the CARFAX, which seems to check out O.K., is this a good buy? Interestingly enough, the carfax report displays "vehicle serviced - oil changed" approximately every 3k most of the truck's life...

Obviously, I would have to check it out in person, but is the price for that mileage alright?

Tomorrow I go see it, taking a flashlight as always and give it a good looking-over, so wish me luck.

By the way, I'm in the Northern Virginia area and it seems that these things are hard to come by....at least the nicer ones. Thanks in advance to anybody and everybody who took the time to read this post - I promise the next ones to be shorter :cheers:

I had an '04 SVT...sonic blue...
Sometimes, I really miss that car...

The whole 'Jeep thing' opens lots of doors....and empties lots of pockets...
It's a never-ending project. But, that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile!

XJ Bebop said:
I had an '04 SVT...sonic blue...
Sometimes, I really miss that car...

The whole 'Jeep thing' opens lots of doors....and empties lots of pockets...
It's a never-ending project. But, that doesn't mean it's not worthwhile!

Yea, the SVT focus is quite a sleeper. Surprised a lot of people in higher end cars. Had a lot of fun in it no doubt!

That's really not a bad deal. '99 is arguably the best year model ever produced. However, you can get a real steal if you have the patience to wait. I got my wifes 2k for 4300.00 with 68k on it. That was in late '06.

Sounds like a [retty good deal, not terrific but not horrible depending on the market in your area. In my area that would be a good deal. Assuming that the CARFAX is right and the oil has been changed well, I would jump on it and enjoy it. There is plenty of mileage left on that engine.

Back