• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proto Fab rear bumper

flyingphil

NAXJA Forum User
Just ordered a proto Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, man I can't wait to install this on my new(er) 98!

xjrearrocksolid1.jpg
newjeep.jpg

Anybody running one of these on his XJ? Good, bad, tricks on install, does and don'ts, I'll take'em all.

Phil :canada:

It can go either way (I think). That's what the other weird looking bracket on the other side is from. There's also an optional jerry can carrier.

UPS dudes came over and left me some goodies today. I've got the first coat of primer down, tomorow the paint goes on and sometime this week, I'll hook it up to the jeep. I'll take plenty of pics and post a write-up on the install for you guys.

Phil:canada:

finally able to get to website.

i really like that thing. the price is very, very reasonable.
fronts have good pricing.

any ideas how good the mounting points are on their bumpers?

flyingphil said:
Just ordered a proto Fab rear bumper with tire carrier, man I can't wait to install this on my new(er) 98!

Anybody running one of these on his XJ? Good, bad, tricks on install, does and don'ts, I'll take'em all.

Phil :canada:

Only thing I see wrong is that the hinges on the left block your backup light in the pic. If that's okay in Canada then it's a good purchase. It would be instant failure for NJ State inspection. Other than that, I like it.

Done with the install, sorry about noto having a full write-up, my digital camera died on me( I dropped it...) If ever I take it off, I'll document the re-installation of the whole thing.

rearbumper003.jpg

rearbumper004.jpg

Phil:canada:

Looks good. I too like the fact that the spare tire interferes less with your rear vision being on the left like that.

Be sure to update us with anything you notice in the next few weeks, rattles, vibes, and whatnot.

Been a while, but been training and stuff. The bumper and tire mount are holding srtong with the 33 mounted on it, just vibrates a bit and fixed most of it messing with the adjustment of the pivot. The big test is gonna be next week when i put a 35 inch spare on it. Might mod it a bit, add some gusset for strength. I'll post pics when I do it.

Philly :canada:

Back