• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

vac disco

DansGreyMj

NAXJA Forum User
what companies make the kits for a disco d30 that replaces the shaft with a one peice(hope thats understandable), with links pls,

thank in advance

theres is no company, unless you go with warn shafts, they used to have a kit. Instead get the long side from a junkyard off a newer XJ or TJ and then you will need a seal for the housing. Either CR1171 or National 473426. They can be found at Napa, ect.

I've had mixed expirience with trying to seal my D30 disco. Randy's ring and pinion has a kit that includes the plate and the seal. I tried a few of the seals listed here but they were just a bit too small. I ended up getting the CR book and finding another seal myself. The ID my D30 tube is 2 inches. You need a seal that is just a bit bigger to fit nice and tight. From everything I have read the shaft diameter is 1.188.
The seal I used that seems to work OK is the CR11801. This seal has a OD of 2.004' with an ID for the shaft of 1.188
From my expirience trying to seal my disco housing with 3 different seals is your mileage will vary...

You can look up the CR part #'s here.

http://www2.chicago-rawhide.com/parts_lookup_457010.htm#

Back