• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Case Shifter Help

Rover/Scout

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I need help figuring out what part I need to finish hooking up the t-case linkage. I have a 1990 MJ that was 2wd and know is almost done with 4wd conversion. I am running a 4.0 6 cyl.-AX15-NP231. I am having a tough time trying to get the guys at the jeep parts house to help me get the right linkage rods cause the parts I am using are core pieces and I do not know what year or truck they came out of. If any of you guys are running this combo in your Cherokee or Comanche and could give me a pic or vin to give to the parts guys it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Doyle

You can look up the part numbers here. http://www.xjjeeps.com/tech_reference.asp?section=2&ID=0

Cheapest option would be finding a local pull-n-save type salvage yard and pulling your own linkage. I do know the manual linkage rod and the mounting plate on the tranny side were 3" shorter than the auto linkage (9" vice 12" I think). The AX15 is 1" shorter, but the linkage pivot on the auto is 2" further forward.

Back