• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Track Bar Bracket

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
All this does is reinforce the steering box so that it won't crack your frame at the mounting points. yOU COULD, if not already is just reinforce this area, which is a common fix when putting aftermarket bumpers on.

MiNi Beast said:
All this does is reinforce the steering box so that it won't crack your frame at the mounting points. yOU COULD, if not already is just reinforce this area, which is a common fix when putting aftermarket bumpers on.
not true, or you are thinking of something else. The brace keeps the trackbar from pushing the "frame" rails apart, it is a good idea in my opinion! instead of the trackbar acting on one rail they are tied together

AS a unibody stiffener than??? Than put a front skid on there, something more multipurpose.

I think I got you now, I was thinking the steering box brace. :looser: Yeah this way the track bar is ditrubited between both rails. Gotcha, yes this is good to have.:yelclap:

xjdavid1 said:
Just wondering if I need the RE Track Bar Brace. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=271&Pn=1800&XnPath=173,180,251,271&Vid=172C8D4833721

I am in the process of building a copy of the RE Track Bar Bracket in right hand drive since I like in Australia, and am wondering if a should build the Bracket brace as shown in the link above. I have the 4.5" RE Kit.

Has anybody had trouble with the RE Bracket in any way that would sugest that the Brace is needed.

xjdavid, won't you show some pics of your progress. I'm in the process of also modifying/building a upper track bar mount that mounts the trackbar in double sheer. On mine I don't necessarily want to drop the mounting point as I'm not intending getting a drop pitman arm at the same time right now. Oh, and mines also RHD!

xjdavid1 said:
Just wondering if I need the RE Track Bar Brace. http://www.rubiconexpress.com/Products.aspx?Cn=271&Pn=1800&XnPath=173,180,251,271&Vid=172C8D4833721

I am in the process of building a copy of the RE Track Bar Bracket in right hand drive since I like in Australia, and am wondering if a should build the Bracket brace as shown in the link above. I have the 4.5" RE Kit.

Has anybody had trouble with the RE Bracket in any way that would sugest that the Brace is needed.

I installed one and it eliminated an issue I had with the track bar bracket working its way lose and causing creaking and poping noises during slow turns. Prior to this I had tightened the bracket bolts many times, I even tried welding the bracket only to have the noises return in a few weeks.
trk-bar-brace-1.jpg

trk-bar-brace-2.jpg

Back