• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rubbing on 31s?!?!

XJCruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Ive got some issues and couldnt find anything on 31s. Well, I got some new wheels 15x8 3.75" BS for christmas and running 31" AT tires, recently I put on some quick discos have been having some serious rubbing problems in the front end ever since. Fresh alignment and everything, tires are rubbing on the back of the fender flare on driver and passenger sides. Any ideas would be more than helpful...go to long arms, add a coil spacer, etc.

SPECS: 97 XJ 4 inch lift, short arms , stock fender flares, no trimming, quick discos for 4-6" of lift

Thanks in advance

Add a hockey puck to your bump stops, trim where it rubs.

trim a little..... but then, you could ALWAYS go to long arms!!!

tayman said:
trim a little..... but then, you could ALWAYS go to long arms!!!

at four inches?

I'd have to say adjustable LCA's...unless you're planning on going bigger...then deffinatly Long arm :firedevil

I had that when I still had on the original fenders. Remove those and should free up the problem.

That sucks.

Check out fender trimming on search.. IE (53 guy) has a great write up on front fenders.. You keep your flairs, just have to raise them.. Did mine an it turned out great

scottmcneal said:
Check out fender trimming on search.. IE (53 guy) has a great write up on front fenders.. You keep your flairs, just have to raise them.. Did mine an it turned out great

I actually have the write up saved in my favorites and have been reading it for about a week now...i just dont know if i can bring myself to do it or not.... i dont have the steadiest hands

Dude it is easy.. I took my time on the first on, then just went for it on the other one.. The kid down the street wants me too help him do his.. I used tin snips to cut my fenders.. Slow an easy

im sure it is!! i think im just mainly concerned with cutting too much away and having to spend a lot of money on aftermarket flares... or cutting too much on one side.

Back