• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA hitting my drive shaft.. Huh?!?

Mattitude

NAXJA Forum User
OK, I was driving on some nasty icey stuff and slid into the ditch. Nothing really but lip of the wheel on the passenger side is bent. It still tracks just fine, does not pull to either side, or wander around. BUT when I hit the brakes, or if I hit the smallest bump just right its makes a ..a... well I can't descibe the noise. I looked and the front yoke is smacking the UCA. The UCA is not bent but the flat part has been pulled down and doesnt look quite right. The bushings seems fine, the track bar is fine, but I know this CAN'T be a good thing. Anyone else have anything similar happen?
It is a 95 and 100% bone stock suspension.
:wow:

Ok I will give that a whirl.. I picked this thing up cheap, with low miles, but I am starting to think they might have been rough/stolen miles haha. Nothing would surprise me right now...

if it doesnt show up centered. look at ur trac bar to see if its bent, because if the axle is pulled over far enough, that the UCA is pulled over making contact with the driveshaft

how hard you hit?? slid into an IMPACTED UPON on two different things!

Mattitude said:
OK, I was driving on some nasty icey stuff and slid into the ditch. Nothing really but lip of the wheel on the passenger side is bent. It still tracks just fine, does not pull to either side, or wander around. BUT when I hit the brakes, or if I hit the smallest bump just right its makes a ..a... well I can't descibe the noise. I looked and the front yoke is smacking the UCA. :shocked: The UCA is not bent but the flat part has been pulled down and doesnt look quite right. The bushings seems fine, the track bar is fine, but I know this CAN'T be a good thing. Anyone else have anything similar happen?
It is a 95 and 100% bone stock suspension.
:wow:

Something is BROKEN!! You had better take a closer look!!

Back