• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HIGHSTEER AND TNT TRUSS

badazzcherokee3

NAXJA Forum User
I have a tnt truss and I just had my inner knuckles cut and turned and I throw my highsteer on my outer knuckles and when I put the knuckles back on the axle and put my tie rod on from one to knuckle to the other the tierod is about 1/2in from the springs and when I turn it hits the springs.

I am running partsmike highsteer and a tnt customs front truss on a 3/4 ton dana 44

will post pics

I was worried about exacty that, so on the axle I'm building I'll be setting up the pinion / caster angles first, then mount the knuckles and steering linkages and then build my spring perches and other brackets in such a way as to not interfere with what I have. It's a tough problem you have, not sure how best to solve it, but if the truss and spring perches are already on and you've already rewelded the turned knuckles, I guess the only option would be to make a custom tie rod that is bent away from the axle to give more room for movement.

Well I am running partsmike steering arms so I called him up and talked to some people. They said that I am running the wrong arms my arms are 5in something from center of ball joint to center of steering hole and and I should be running 6in witch will I think give my enough room so I have to go home and check it out

badazzcherokee3 said:
Well I am running partsmike steering arms so I called him up and talked to some people. They said that I am running the wrong arms my arms are 5in something from center of ball joint to center of steering hole and and I should be running 6in witch will I think give my enough room so I have to go home and check it out

I used stock F250 Dana 44 Flat-top Ford knuckles.

knuckle1.jpg

I went with highsteer arms from a company called Harsh Terain they sell 2 arms for $120 the arms are long enough to get the tie rod far enough out to clear the coil springs.

pitman4.jpg

However, the stock pitman arm is only 5 1/2" hole to hole and as such, doesn't have enough "throw" to turn the knuckles all the way to the steering stops. So I used a Waggy pitman arm which is 7" hole to hole and matches well with my high steer arms.

new-pitman1.jpg

This combined with a new draglink and tie rod with 1 ton Chevy TREs did the trick for me. Steering is excellent, light years ahead of the stock configuration.

rods1.jpg

trackbar2.jpg

37x12.50x17 GoodYear MTR's via a good deal from Farmer Mat :cheers:

Last edited:
Back