• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

crazy noises, need some help

delp1213

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, its been awhile, but I finally got some $$ and some free time and got to checkers today, plugged into the OBDII and got a MAP sensor failure fault code. I replaced it, but...
I am still getting some crazy noises coming from what sounds like the air conditioning compressor. When I start the car it is very loud for about 5 seconds or so, sort of high pitched, with almost a metal on metal sound to it. After this goes away while the engine idles i am hearing a constant, but quiter, higher pitched whining, almost like a remote control car sound coming from the same area. And from inside the vehicle I can hear a low gurgling sound, but very quiet.
I am not getting any fault codes, my battery is charging fine, all my fluids are fine. Could it just be my airconditioning compressor? Can I still drive it? Does it matter that its really bad right when I start it?

pull off you belt and feel each pulley for end play and make sure they spin freely but from what your saying your a/c compresser proly took a shit spinn it around you be able to figure it out.

almost sounds like a bad water pump.
If your a/c is off... the compressor should not be rotating just the outer pulley.

so try starting it with the ac off. see if it still makes the noise, if yes than its probably not the compressor. People are saying that the wine could be any spinning assembly, and to take the belt off and try them all for movement and noise.

Back