• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

remote start wiring

newXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking for the install/wiring diagram for a code alarm remote start system. I have had no luck with my searching, any help would be great. It is a CA-420.

What colors are the wires comming from the module? Most have a Red, Black, 1or2 Pink, Purple, 1or2 Yellow, anyways i need to know.

The 6 pin connector on the module has 1 purple, 1 pink,1 pink w/ white tracer, 1 orange, 1 red, and 1 red w/ black tracer

OK so i have never worked with code before and you need the specifics like if it has a started disabler as in you actually cut your main ignition wire and splice two of the wires from your module. So here we go with what they should be. Im not to familiar in the low end stuff i have learned and am certified in Directed Electronics units but;

Red-should be fused and is main power.

Red/Black-should be your ground SHOULD BE most have a solid black or brown wire.

Orange- This is most likely your first ignition wire.

Purple- Most likely this is your started wire.

Pink- This is gonna be accessory 1 wire

Pink/White- This is gonna be accessory 2 wire

Now the PINK and Orange wires may be interchaned i.e. PINK is ignition and Orange is accessory but im pretty sure i git it right.

This unit i hope is for an automatic, I have seen what happens when people put them in to manuals and never hook up a neutral safety switch. I witnessed the Lexus crank its way right over the curbing into the intersection, and remote starters will attempt to start 3 times so yes it paused for a moment and started cranking again!

You will also have to program the key fob so that particular unit can match its rolling codes.

If you do decide to install this don't T-tap the wires in, take your time and strip an inch of insulation off, then poke a hole through the strands making a loop. Then pass the wire from the unit through the hole and rap it around the exposed wire. This will ensure a very good mechanical bond, then solder them together and wrap it all up with electrical tape.

Think of T-taps like c-clamping your nice new frame strengtheners to the rails instead of welding them!

Thanks for the info, I'm not sure what you mean by "code", I have not actually cut anything yet. I took the unit out of a used car at that came through the shop at work for a inspecton before it could be sold (no aftermarket parts allowed). I do not have any books or anything to go along with the remote start unit, just the unit itself, 1 remote and the wiring harness, that I took out. Right now all I know is what it says on the back MODEL 420 and it's made by CODE ALARM. Your right about the T-clamps, thats how it was installed before, the really are crap

Back