• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stainless trim on liftgate

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
Im having some body work done on my 87 Laredo. The fiberglass has a hole in it right below the Trim around the window i nthe liftgate and it spread a crack underneat the Trim. My question is: how does that trim come off so the guy can fill it in below the window where the trim is covering. Thanks in advance.

ParadiseXJ said:
Did you ask the guy doing the body work if he knows?
I did. and hes not very familiar with Jeeps at all. My Liftgate has that stainless peice with the rubber seal like all the 84-89 Cherokees. If it was a 90 or newer it would just have the rubber seal. So i dont want to bend it up because finding a replacment might be a little difficult.

I've never seen a stainless piece of trim on an XJ. Even the oldest ones.

Sorry I couldn't offer any insight, but the body man should figure it out since that's his job.

Blaine B. said:
I've never seen a stainless piece of trim on an XJ. Even the oldest ones.

Sorry I couldn't offer any insight, but the body man should figure it out since that's his job.

Yeah, they only had it on the liftgate around the window's rubber seal. They changed it in 1990 to just the seal and left the metal off. Go figure. But I Like It.

I was curious so looked at my '85. I think you are talking about the chrome trim piece in the center of the rubber seal around the window. I'm not sure I would let a body man that doesn't know how to remove that seal/trim work on my car but he could probably talk to one of his buddies at the glass shop to find out.

Back