• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have this problem with their coil springs?

Tre

NAXJA Forum User
i posted a few weeks ago about this binding/grinding noise i got when only turning left and i must be moving.

well long story short. i put in a entire new front axle assembly out of my donor truck. mainly cuz it had 3.55s *was upgrading from 3.07* so i figured i change that and problem should be gone. well it wasn't. so i could rule out balljoints, ujoints, rod ends, wheel bearings etc.

so this left me a bit stumped. well i was under the jeep today putting in a new starter and noticed on my passenger side that the bottom of the coil spring sits awefully close to the knuckle on that side. i'd say within 1/16 or a bit more of a inch. now what i'm thinking is when i'm turning left and the springs compressing on the passenger side its rubbing the knuckle.

trucks a 88 4.0 atx. 4" lift. 3" spacer and 1" zj coil. OE trackbar.

i'm thinking if i put a adjustable trackbar in and get the axle centered under the truck properly it should make way for a bit more clearance between the coil spring and the steering knuckle on the passenger side.

thoughts guys?

oh i totally agree trackbar.

sorry no pics.
i lucked out a guy locally has a adjustable trackbar he just sold me for 60 canadain :D

Back