• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Changing my dash up a bit.

LilTJ

NAXJA Forum User
I decided to go to aftermarket gauges, but they werent going to fit in the stock cluster area, so I started thinking and this is what I came up with. Its just roughed in right now but you get the idea. So what do you all think?

Picture042.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture040.jpg

I would have included a new speedo/odo and installed it all where it used to be but with white backed gauges, but thats what i'd do.

DreamsOfMoab said:
Nice! Unless you already took out the actual dash assembly - would you post a vid of you getting it back on? :firedevil
I found it easier to get back in than to remove

bcmaxx said:
I found it easier to get back in than to remove

I always find that playing a few rounds of Tetris warms me up for putting it back in :(

What are you going to do will all the new room cleared up by having the gauges on the side now?

-Dash is pulled apart, so it goes back nice.
-The old cluster area is going to be a tach, and speedo. maybe a spot for a small gps like an etrex in the middle
-I went with these gauges because I got the Summit brand Tach, oil, water, ammeter, autometer fuel level, and 2 poly racing seats for like $120 out the door (gotta love manger specials in the retail stores)
-The old gauges had been tampered with by previous owner and were shot.
-Im was going to put this in the change pocket forward of the shifter in the console but now Im going to pull it apart and work it into some of those spaces on the dash
once again all the switches and relays $17 on mangers special
DSCF3856.jpg

in place of the vent under the heater controls im going to put an intercom/radio in its place, and the intercom is going to be tied into the cdplayer with built in usb port/ mp3 player.

Hope that answers some of the questions

Back