• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hesistation - Sluggish Acceleration

xjrbw

NAXJA Forum User
I've got a 95 XJ sport, automatic with 142k. The past few weeks the Jeep is VERY slow and sluggish accelerating from a stop when in "D". If I manually shift to 1-2 it will accelerate fine. Once I'm driving, it's hard to tell if it's ok, or if I'm imagining more issues - but it seems that it doesn't respond RPM wise to how much I'm pressing the pedal.

I've done some searchs for related issues and read suggestions about TPS, O2, vacuum leaks, etc - but I'm hoping someone might be able to save me some time based on these specific circumstances. What do you think, is it the TPS?

Any help is MUCH appreciated! :helpme:

xjrbw said:
I've got a 95 XJ sport, automatic with 142k. The past few weeks the Jeep is VERY slow and sluggish accelerating from a stop when in "D". If I manually shift to 1-2 it will accelerate fine. Once I'm driving, it's hard to tell if it's ok, or if I'm imagining more issues - but it seems that it doesn't respond RPM wise to how much I'm pressing the pedal.

I've done some searchs for related issues and read suggestions about TPS, O2, vacuum leaks, etc - but I'm hoping someone might be able to save me some time based on these specific circumstances. What do you think, is it the TPS?

Any help is MUCH appreciated! :helpme:

Under dash on the pass. side, there should be a little box with a harness going to it. I forgot to reconnect it when i was installing a new column, I would take off in 3rd grear I think. Sounds just like what happened to me.
I think its the transmission control unit or something, I'm not that great with electronics!

Back