• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

okay.. i want to know a little question.

NorCalChris

NAXJA Forum User
i just read the declare your fog light independence thread. and made my own jumper. my problem is....that was for newer xjs. i have a 90. i searched and didnt find much help, but anyways. how do i keep my fog lights on while im using my high beams???? please help. thank you in advance!!

Hmmm, didn't like the easy methode CanMan described?

Haynes manual.

Page 12-24.

Fog circuit is on Left of page.

Knock yourself out; let us know what you find :D

Hint:
You have two choices.

Either wire the fog switch direct to a fuse and to the battery
OR bypass around the dimmer switch to the headlamp switch.

Look forward to your write up!

You can take the green wire I think from the fog lamp switch and wire it to a fused 12v source. I will have to look at mine tomorrow and confirm this. There was a thread a few years ago on JU that had this in mind for the older XJ's...

I wired my relay switch on the wire for the licence plate light. Thats the only lights that never blink what so ever. Check your manual for the color wire near the fuse box.

I wired mine to the fuse for my running lights so that way they come on with either high or low beams on and as long as I remember to shut off my lights the fogs are off too

Make sure that you can pass your state inspection like that. Most states require that your fog/driving lights work only with your low beams. I would run a completely seperate switch to turn them on with your highbeams, that way you can turn it off for inspection.

Back