• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Jeep Cheorkee "Country Package?"

EASportsRacer13

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought another used Jeep. This one is a 1994 Country. What is the country package? I can see obvious changes from the '90 Sport I used to have.

What I've noticed:

Country has power windows and power door locks.
Country has a tow package
Country is a 4 door
The Country has a different engine...this is a High Output
and the Country is missing the "Power Transmission?" switch on the console...why? I dont really know why I had it on the Sport.

Anything else on the Country I might not have checked? Extra skid plates perhaps ;-) etc?

Country is a trim package I believe.

-Doesn't necessarily have a tow package
-Isn't necessarily a 4-door
-All 91+ XJs have the 4.0 "High Output"
-All 92+ XJs do not have the Power/Comfort transmission switch

I believe it just added woodgrain trim and was an upscale model (pw, pdl, cc, etc).

The Up-Country had the 1" lift, front and rear tow hooks, skids, and all that good stuff.

I think it also comes with the np242

i have a 94 country as does a friend of mine and its just a trim package. no it doesnt come with a 242. we both have a np231 however mine has a dana 35 with a limited slip and his has a 8.25 open, now with a lockrite.

like everybody else said, its primarily a more optioned Jeep. I love the wood grain trim inside. :D

MoparManiac said:
Country is a trim package I believe.

-Doesn't necessarily have a tow package
-Isn't necessarily a 4-door
-All 91+ XJs have the 4.0 "High Output"
-All 92+ XJs do not have the Power/Comfort transmission switch

I believe it just added woodgrain trim and was an upscale model (pw, pdl, cc, etc).

The Up-Country had the 1" lift, front and rear tow hooks, skids, and all that good stuff.

X2, I have 3 "Country Package" XJ's, 2 96's and 1 94. The 94 and one 96 came with the tow package, the other 96 did not. None have the "Up Country" package. They are all trimed out the same way inside and out and all 3 are HO. One 96 has the 242/D-35 from the factory. The other 96 is a 231/29 spline 8.25 from the factory.

Back