• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wipers stuck on low?????

x6xdemonx6x

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if the 91 xj uses any kind of speed module for the wipers because my front wipers only work on low setting. If not any idea what the problem is?

Yes there is a wiper module (relay), its Velcro’ed to the inside of the bottom part of the dash, just to the left of the steering well. That is, if you slip your hand into the underside of the dash left of the steering column you will find that there is a box about 4 inches long and inch tall, my understanding is that, that is the wiper relay.

Now the next question is, are you sure you only have low speed, cause the low and fast are almost indistinguishable. I know mine isn't right because I don't have intermittent wipers and supposedly that’s handled by the same relay.

I picked up a relay at the junk yard a while ago and just haven't bothered to put it in (I only notice it's not working right when it’s raining).

I know that if you search there are better descriptions of how to find and replace the relay, cause that’s how I found them.

---
xjcruiser90
http://xjcruiser.com/

well hmmmmmmmmmm now that i think about they do work on high they are just the same speed as the low. As far as the delay setting goes though i got nothing on that one. I think i know what your talking with the location should be good enough description for me to find it without to much trouble thanks.

no the first blown pcm was a result of my own hurried idiot error. Basiclly i jumped power instead of ground to a wire i was testing. The second one blew when the shop went to restart it after telling me it was up and running

Back