• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Accel tune up kit

I used one of those kits on my last tune-up. Seems to have worked fine. They include the rotor, cap, plugs (correctly gapped) and wires, even a little tube of dielectric grease. You will need your own anti-seize but otherwise it's all there.

ehall said:
I used one of those kits on my last tune-up. Seems to have worked fine. They include the rotor, cap, plugs (correctly gapped) and wires, even a little tube of dielectric grease. You will need your own anti-seize but otherwise it's all there.

But did you notice any difference or just fine, like stock replacement tune up?

And wow that is a high price for that set up. They have the same set up at Quadratrec no more than $59 for XJ and no more than $97 for the ZJ

Last edited:
4wdh and qtec have the renix stuff for around $80

I bought that kit from Jegs, and I noticed a difference, it was my first mod. Of course when I pulled my old plugs they looked awful, and I have no idea when they had last been changed, I was running on 5 cylinders for all I know.

It is quality components though.

i used a live wire kit with new rotor, cap, coil, and wires no plugs but you can run .065 gap with it, idles better and starts smoother 4wd.com

Any tuneup kit will give you a performance improvement if the old stuff was worn out.

92jeepxjOR said:
I bought all the accel stuff separate when I did my last tune up it seemed to run a little better than it did before

You did a tuneup and it ran better?

I think I read about that once on JU.

Go to summit raceing they have the best price around for an accel kit w/ 8mm wires, was like $45! Just installed there kit this weekend and works great. Along with my bosch reman injectors off ebay (all six for $99 w/ lifetime warrenty) and she smoothed right out, better response and much better idle.

Just ebay Cherokee injectors, I bought mine from the guy with the "buy it now" logo the picture shows 8 neatly lined up but the auction is for 6, and the guy offers a lifetime warrenty. I was very happy with what I got and they seem to run well after a fews days anyway I just put them in Saturday.

ty

oh btw - i have been running the accel kit for 2 years now and everything has held up fine except the plugs- they suck- go with stock champions copper plus

Back