• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what's this??

stxcherokee

NAXJA Forum User
ok. so redoing the interior of the jeep.. 95 4.0 4x4....

noticed this up under the dash, kinda behind the vents and radio.

notice the 3 metal cyclinders w/ what looks like arms or something. but what the heck is there half a tennis ball in my jeep for??

DSCF2199.jpg

DSCF2197.jpg

what are these things,, and why would there be a tennis ball pushing the rod on one?

projectTK is right but the tennis ball is a mystery to me too! If you will look at the end that does NOT have the rod coming out of it, you will see the vacuum lines coming into the actuators. They control your heat and defroster and that type stuff.

so just leave the tennis ball then huh? vents never worked right.. fixed vacumms under the hood and worked awhile, now they are screwy again.. oh well just chuckled a bit when i saw this

I dont know what them cut up tennis balls are for. If they dont work i just said screw it and manually close all vents except defrost i left open. That is all u need anyway.

Back