• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Deep Water Stall

RªMB°

NAXJA Forum User
With all the rain as of lately here in CA I decided I wanted to wheel through the muddy swampy mash areas left behind. So when I went wheelin through it I got 1/2 through an area about 3' deep and my XJ just up and quit:tears:
After waiting and tryin for about 5-10mins it turned over and I drove out like nothing even happend.
1.Could water be sucked in through the intake manifold since the flex tube isnt on there tight and is kind of fallin off?
2. Can it be from a severe shock to the motor in drop of temperature?
3. Is water shorting something out? If so than why does it start again?

projectTK said:
if ur in three foot of water that means water has splashed up in ur engine bay. Do u have a stock box or short ram or what?

What exactly you mean?

I aint opening my door submerged in water to spray WD40 than all the water comes inside with me :twak:

Well if u have a shortram intake which is vulnerable for water it may of splash some water in and it stalled. Chances are it is a wet distributor. If u want get out in the water then u shouldnt be in that deep of shit and expect to make it everytime. Thats like saying i want to lay on a raft in a pool and not get wet.:doh:

I dont wanna get out.
Id be pulled out before I get out =(
How would I fix water from comin in intake besides snorkel?

RªMB° said:
I dont wanna get out.
Id be pulled out before I get out =(
How would I fix water from comin in intake besides snorkel?

Hold your breath.

Nope wasnt that submerged to get water in the airbox almost but not.
Can being submerged screw with the alternator?

no, you would still have battery power.i water got into your alt . get a different one and sell that one on ebay and list it as a watercooled alt for a jeep .

Back