• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tires (A beaten topic I know)

88RIxj

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking for input on tires that will bee on a daily driver. I have a 1988 cherokee 2 door with a Rough Country 3" lift, and a setof home-built sway link bar disconects. I have 235/75r15's on the jeep now and i have stuffed the front into the wheel well already with the front end disconected. I wanted to get new tires that are a good allterain. I would like a set that look mean but not kill my gas milage(~17MPG~) . any input/pic will be well apretiated.
Mr.X:peace:

X2 on the BFG AT. I've got a set of those suckers. Can barely tell that it's not a street tire. Performs very well in everything but really thick clay.

x4 on bfg at ko. on the third set.

Cool thanxs for the feedback. I was looking at the KO's online and they look preety nice. But i was woundering if anyone had a pic of them on a jeep?

Are the mud terrains any good. I know they probably get less mileage and work better in mud, but overall in spending more and getting stuck less is it worth it?

just go to the photo section, and i am sure there are lots of rigs with the bfg at's. the muds are pretty good, not too much mpgs less, but signifiantly more road noise. they just came out with a new mud tire that looks pretty sweet.

BFG K/O's, Bridgetone Revo, or Goodyear Wrangler silent Armor are all good A/T choices. I have sold all tires multiple times and have had no issues.

I have 33/9.50/15s on my MJ, but sadly they have stopped making them due to poor sales (they weren't advertised, only people in the know asked about them, they are ALL warehoused back east which means extra shipping costs over tires that are already here and shops seem to think they can't carry the weight of an XJ or MJ. Load of rubbish!)

DSC02840.jpg

The comealongs were strapped on to make up for snow chains I couldn't get for them that day. Sunset falls is at the far right and the switchback going to the top is where I was denied due to sheet ice and only 2wd. (2 4x4s were off the side and crashed in the ravine where I decided to turn back)

Reiter Trails is to the left and across the river.

And with 255/85/16 Truxxus I had on before.

021805view2.jpg

Last edited:
Look into the Trxus MTs. They are cheaper than the BFGs, real quiet for an MT, AMAZING in snow and perform well offroad. After accounting for the speedo inaccuracy from the larger tires, my gas mileage didn't really change much.

The BFG ATs are an amazing tire too though. From what I've seen they wear decent, not the queitest for an AT but are also excelent in snow.

Back