• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cross member attachment ?

yossarian19

NAXJA Forum User
Okie dokie.
I whacked my x-member pretty hard and the front bolts look like they stripped out a little bit.
Time to re-drill, tap and re-bolt.
Anyone know how big I can reasonably go, here? I'd like to make it as meaty as possible.
I'm also thinking about welding in some angle and attaching the thing through the frame rails, same as I did my tcase skid. Any thoughts here?
Thanks folks. Naxja rocks!

i had broke mine trying to remove them in a hurry. I tryed to drill and eazy-out them with no luck so i kept drilling till it fell out. It went up to 11mm then whatever that threaded thing welded to the inside of the rail let go. So i have drilled them all and made them 1/2"-13 i believe what ever the coarse thread count is. Work fine and snugged up really really tight so there is enough meat to hold on.

I stripped a couple of bolts on mine, and I was in a hurry to get it off the lift. I found a 7/16 tap fit the stripped hole with no drilling. The holes were just a little larger than I would have liked, but I've installed the new bolts with an impact of a couple of times, and they haven't stripped out yet. Drilling and tapping for a 1/2" bolt would be better, but if you don't have a big enough drill, the 7/16" bolts should work okay.

Search for frame stiffeners. A lot of guys have added angle to make the frames more dent resistant and a little stronger.

Neal

Back