• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seats and Motor question

redsquirrel

NAXJA Forum User
Hi i have a 89 Cherokee im lookin to get some better seats from a junk yard , i found a 95 cherokee front and rear seats in great shape, i was wondering if they would work for my 89 Cherokee, And the motor out of the 95 Cherokee 4.0 dose it work for the 89 Cherokee... Thanks

as far as the motor goes, your going from Renix to H.O. so if you do the swap, you will need to change the wiring harness as well. IMO i would find another Renix motor to change in. It's alot less headache and the hp difference is about 12 hp difference between the two motors.

jk333 said:
as far as the motor goes, your going from Renix to H.O. so if you do the swap, you will need to change the wiring harness as well. IMO i would find another Renix motor to change in. It's alot less headache and the hp difference is about 12 hp difference between the two motors.
So What year motor do i need,im not looking for the hp gain, i just looking for some replace the 187,000 mile moto that in it runs ok , but not the best shape

I don't think the harness matters--the controls are on the seats, and it's just a single 12v lead. At most you would need to change the connector.

The problem is that there are no aftermarket power seats and not many junkyards still have them either (you can get the seats but not the brackets and motors).

Good news is that the motors are interchangeable so if you find an early style power seat just get it and take the motor regardless of side. If your brackets are in decent shape you might also be able to mount any seat to the bracket (I didn't try this).

Last edited:
Back