• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new jeep wont start

blazinjames

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i just randomly bought another jeep, Its a 90 cherokee limited edition, 4l. 4x4.

problem is it doesnt start! I try and start it and it wont go, it sounds like it going but doesnt...

i would like a list of things it possibly could be, so i can start testing and figuring this out

thanks

First thing i would check if you have spark. if you do check the plugs. if they're good check for feul pressure. im not sure if you have carb or fuel injection on a 90. if you have all of those id check your crank sensor i hear that they are problematic but im not evactly how to check one. just my sugestions, im sure you'll get someone else that will disagree with me but thats my .02

PS dont try to use your multimeter on an ignition system i learned that the hard way. lol:doh:

:huh:
Good Call NeedsRepair!
you need to randomly use the search, then ask.

same thing with the jeep i just got. check the plugs cuz mine were as dirty as a 50 year old prostitute. got some new ones and now she runs like a champ

My Jeep wanted to turn over but it couldnt get spark because the plugs were so bad. just check those first

Back