• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000-2001 X Member-Integrated T-Case Drop?

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So has anyone confirmed this one way or the other? Some have said in '00 they started intergrating a 1" T-Case drop into the XJ crossmember. Has anyone done any measuring or eyeballing with it? Let me know.
Thanks,
Collin

If you can send me a picture of a pre-00 crossmember I can confirm that... I really don't think so though.

My 01 and 99 crosmembers both measure the same, as does the spare I have in the shed. Both XJ's are 4dr, 4.0L, AW-4, NP231.

There is actually truth to this, it was 2000 and 2001 XJs with the Up Country suspension, BUT in 2000 it was a service bulletin and all they did was add a 1" piece of square tubing they didn't even paint it and it was thin metal so I took it off mine and got a SYE, but on my cousins 2001 the tubing was welded to the xmember and it was much thicker

TheHighHeat said:
There is actually truth to this, it was 2000 and 2001 XJs with the Up Country suspension

Nope, mine is an UpCountry, the 99 is not. The crossmember is the same on both, so is the spare one.

I have heard tell of the TSB, but I never seen the spacer installed.

Last edited:
I don't have an answer for you, per se, but the crossmember part number for 1997-1999 4.0 AW4-equipped XJs is 52002328. Oddly, that number matches to 2001 2.5L manual XJs, and the 2001 4.0L AW4-equipped XJs have a crossmember part number of 52059345, which I can't find anywhere online.

The only change in crossmembers that I have heard of was when the manual transmission was changed from the AX15 to the NVG3500; where the transmission mounting holes were offset to the (I believe) passengers side approximately 2".

well like I said there was no change in the cross member, it was just an added piece of 1x1 on both sides, some dealers especially in the north where they use salt like crazy welded the piece of 1x1 to the crossmember and I just learned that it was a TSB for 2000 and 2001, it didn't come factory with it, if you complained about vibes and had the UC they would put it in for you.

Tim_MN said:
My 01 and 99 crosmembers both measure the same, as does the spare I have in the shed. Both XJ's are 4dr, 4.0L, AW-4, NP231.
Cool, thanks to all for clearing this up.

Back