• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

98 fuel pump

BRIANHO13

<- Yum Chocolate
Does anyone know what the pressure is this thing puts out? I am relocating my tank and it has a hard plastic line, not a regular fuel line. Just want to make sure I get the correct hose.

BRIANHO13 said:
Does anyone know what the pressure is this thing puts out? I am relocating my tank and it has a hard plastic line, not a regular fuel line. Just want to make sure I get the correct hose.
I'm relocating to a fuel cell so I looked into this some.
I came up with 49.5psi at about 24lb/hr for my '97.

There is a link somewhere that has the fuel rail pressure readings as per Jeep. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Found it: http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

Last edited:
RCman said:
I'm relocating to a fuel cell so I looked into this some.
I came up with 49.5psi at about 24lb/hr for my '97.

There is a link somewhere that has the fuel rail pressure readings as per Jeep. Let me see if I can dig it up.

Edit: Found it: http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

That is the operating pressure at the fuel rail,which is regulated and has a return to the tank.

The factory fuel line from the tank to the filter is rated at over 250 psi.A special EPI/EFI line is used.I could not find the max pressure delivered by the pump.

Maybe a switch to a braided SS fule line would be inorder.
Wayne

Wayne Sihler said:
That is the operating pressure at the fuel rail,which is regulated and has a return to the tank.

The factory fuel line from the tank to the filter is rated at over 250 psi.A special EPI/EFI line is used.I could not find the max pressure delivered by the pump.

Maybe a switch to a braided SS fule line would be inorder.
Wayne
That may be the case for 95-, but I believe that the 96+ XJs came with a returnless fuel rail and the regulator is in the tank.

There are only two lines that go into and or come out of my tank, a pressure line and a vent hose.

Last edited:
RCman said:
That may be the case for 95-, but I believe that the 96+ XJs came with a returnless fuel rail and the regulator is in the tank.

You are correct,the pressure return is in the tank,part of the pump assm.The line I was thinking about was the vent line for the E-vap system.

Wayne

Back